Sunday, March 20, 2011

University Life “You” “Revolutionize” Me!

             “Who will wake me up?”, “Who will cook for me?”, “How can I go to school?, and “How can I live in harmony with unfamiliar people?” are ridiculous questions I wondered two years ago when I prepared for entering the university. Time goes by; I have gradually found out the answers to these questions and at the same time overcome a lot of obstacles to improve myself. I realize that university life has not simply helped me enrich knowledge but changed me a lot in both personality and life style.

            The first change the university life has brought to me is an independent life. In fact, when I stayed at home, my parents took care of me, so I seemed to totally depend on them. Every morning, my mother woke me up, cooked the breakfast for me. Then my father rode me to school on his bike. But everything has changed now. I get a habit of getting up early to take the bus because my house is far away from my university. I also go to the market, cook the meals for myself, wash my clothes or even fix my bicycle sometimes. At first, I could not eat the food I cooked and I even broke a number of dishes. But later, all things were better, and now I am very confident to cook delicious meals for my family as well as friends. Besides, when I was in high school, whatever I did, I always asked for and followed my parents’ advice. Now I can decide what I would like to do as well as how to do it effectively. University life, indeed, helps me become more and more independent.

            The second effect the university life has had on me is a well-organized life style. When I lived with my family, I could be untidy because my mother often helped me arrange my room. Now, living with my roommates forces me to keep everything tidy because that is not my own room. Moreover, there is a lot of pressure on my studying, so it is very important for me to manage time well. I have learned the way to spend time reasonably as well as to balance between studying and relaxation. I now do not waste time chatting or sleeping. Instead, I spend more time reading books and practicing other important skills. I am really happy and proud, too because I can give up the untidiness that seemed to be impossible.

            The most dramatic change I have got thanks to the university life is sociability. Living with many friends who have different personalities, I have learnt how to live with their bad habits and learn from their strong points to perfect myself. Significantly, now I have known to think about other people and share with them the difficulties. Before, I did not know how to take care of the sick. Worse, many times I did not pay attention to the feelings of others. However, now I realize that I can do meaningful things and my positive attitudes as well as good behaviors have influences on the surrounding people. This is the motivation for me to live more responsibly. Essentially, the university life has created a favorable environment for me to work in group and take part in many social activities. I have chances to make friends with interesting people from these activities. They also help me improve communicative skills and feel more confident in communication. All in all, how wonderful it is that I am now less selfless and more willing to help others when they are in need.

           Two years has passed since I started learning here at University of Technical Education. Two years is not a long time, but enough for me to change a lot for the better. From a dependent, untidy, and timid girl, I have become more independent, well-organized and sociable student. “University Life, I Love You! You Have Revolutionized Me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment